Bruno Rossi, ArcelorMittal
I was born in Italy, 20th October 1963. I live in Bologna, Italy.
I have been working for an International Company worldwide known in the environmental solutions and erosion control, since 1996.
From 2001, I have been involved in the global coordination of the R & D in the field of Fiber-Reinforced Concrete solutions.
I have also participated to the development of the internal software for the design of the industrial floorings (slabs-on-grade) and steel fiber-reinforced concrete technical manual.
During the last fifteen years I have participated to national and international standardization working groups in Italy, Europe and in the International Tunneling Association.Education and trainingTitle of qualification awarded: Civil Engineer
Name and type of organisation providing education and training: Faculty of Engineering – Bologna University – ItalyLevel in national or international class: Master of Science (5 years)
Technical skills and competences
Fiber-reinforced applications design (first and final tunnel linings, casted-in-place and precasted, slabs-on-ground, slabs on piles), participation at national and international standardisation working groups (UNI, CEN, ITA-AITES)
Actual position and tasks in ArcelorMittal
Senior Engineer Tunneling.
Here below some activities and responsabilities:
- Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete R & D
- Standardisation activities (past):
- ITA-AITES for ITATECH REPORT-7-PFRCS
- ITALIAN STANDARDISATION COMMITTEE for UNI 11037 & 11039
- CEN/TC104/WG11 for EN 14889-1
- Software development:
- AM Segmental Lining Design
- M-N Diagram_Plot
- Several papers published in Congresses and National and International Magazines
- Participation at Seminars
- Participation at Projects
Steel Fibre-Reinforced Concrete Tunnel Lining Segments and Świnoujście road tunnel
• Steel Fiber-Reinforced Concrete, technical and economic benefits
• Fibre standards, testing procedures and design guidelines for FRC
• EN 14651 bending test and Model Code 2010 classification
• From mechanical properties to design values
• Design guidelines for FRC Tunnel Lining Segments, loading cases and input data for Tunnel Lining Segments design
• Świnoujście road tunnel project