TYTAN 2018 Awards
The unique to the European scale prize TYTAN, granted by magazine “Inżynieria Bezwykopowa” [Trenchless Engineering] as well as by votes of the Jury, goes each year to specially distinguishing companies within the trenchless technology discipline, not only from Poland but from the whole Europe.
Domestic companies win the prize since 2003, in the following categories: design of the year – new installation; design of the year – renovation; small trenchless design, product of the year; company of the year and companies from Europe can be the winners since 2004 in the category “European project within the trenchless technologies”. This especially important category for the European companies has been created in order to appreciate achievements of the companies, thus popularize the operations and development within the trenchless technology.
It is an honour for us that this prize is also recognized outside Poland. This is manifested by the presence at the annual prize awards of the representatives of nominated companies from abroad.
It is worth to mention that the nominated projects are evaluated by the Jury consisting of independent, remarkable professionals representing technical universities as well as trade associations, which fact also speaks for uniqueness of this trophy.
The prizes are awarded at the Gala during the annual International Conference, Exhibition and Technology Shows Trenchless ENGINEERING.
Principles of the prize awarding
Each year, winners in individual categories are selected among the companies nominated to the prize by the magazine “Inżynieria Bezwykopowa” [Trenchless Engineering]. They are emerged by voting of the Jury consisting of specialists from the best Polish universities and trade associations as well as of representation of the two-monthly magazine. The Jury has a point pool at the disposal: 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 that is distributed among five nominated companies in each category. Companies having the most points win.
This year the winners will be announced on 21st June 2018 during the Gala Dinner in course of the 16th International Conference, Exhibition and Technology Shows Trenchless ENGINEERING 2018.
- Dr inż. Andrzej Kolonko – Wrocław University of Technology
- Mgr inż. Paweł Kośmider – „Trenchless Engineering” magazine
- Prof. dr hab. inż. Marian Kwietniewski – Warsaw University of Technology
- Prof. dr hab. inż. Cezary Madryas – Rector of Wrocław University of Technology
- Dr inż. Florian Piechurski – Silesian University of Technology
- Dr inż. Teresa Nowak – University of Zielona Góra
- Dr inż. Karol Ryż – AGH University of Science and Technology
- Dr hab. inż. Adam Wysokowski – University of Zielona Góra
- Dr inż. Dariusz Zwierzchowski – Higher Engineering School of Work Safety and Organization in Radom (WISBIOP)
PROJECT OF THE YEAR – NEW INSTALLATION
- Molewski sp. z o.o. (leader) i MCC S.A. consortium for performing a 381-meters long microtunneling crossing in Bezrzecz, in very difficult geological conditions. The project was executed as a part of stormwater pipeline construction. It was the longest crossing in Poland and the second longest one in Europe, considering DN1200/DA1280 diameter and using GRP pipes. The microtunnel route was curved and was carried out up to the depth of 5–8 meters below the ground level.
Investor: Dobra Municipality
- Przedsiębiorstwo Robót Inżynieryjnych INKOP sp. z o.o. for the construction of a sanitary collector in the Warsaw’s Plac Defilad using the microtunneling method. The 498,5 meters of a collector were constructed using the reinforced concrete pipes of DN1400/DA1720 diameter and the 165 meters of a collector were constructed using the reinforced concrete pipes, diameter DN1200. The greatest challenge were the works concerning the 260-meters long section near the entrance to the Palace of Culture and Science.
Investor: the Capital City of Warsaw
- WUPRINŻ S.A. (leader), Sanimet sp. z o.o., Hydro-Marko sp. z o.o. s.k., PTHU Hydro-Marko Maria Pluta consortium for the first in Europe trenchless construction (method: microtunneling) of a pumping line using GRP pressure pipes, 2,8-kilometer long, diameter DZ850. This project included also a construction of gravity collector using GRP pipes, 389-meters long, diameter DZ1499 alongside with the crossing under the railway tracks for the GRP casing pipe, 116,5-meters long, diameter DZ1720. The pipelines were located under the operational roads, up to the depth of 11 meters below the ground level.
Investor: Aquanet S.A.
- ZRB Janicki for the longest in Poland HDD crossing in rock formation – 979 meters long, up to the depth of 32 meters. Execution of this project included an installation of section of a steel gas pipeline DN700, Hermanowice–Strachocina route, as well as an installation of a pipeline for fibre network. Drilling works were conducted under the San River, in geological conditions including claystones and sandstones (up to 40 MPa) and variable angles of layers’ dipping.
Investor: GAZ SYSTEM S.A. Gas Transmission Pipeline Operator
PROJECT OF THE YEAR – RENOVATION
- BLEJKAN S.A. for renovating sewerage in the most important Warsaw’s arteries – Aleja Krakowska street, up to the depth of 10–13 meters. Renovated pipes have non-circular profiles (J800/1400 mm), their length sums to 3 kilometers. During the works that included renovating the pipeline with GRP modules (J600/1200) only three installation trenches were performed.
Investor: Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Wodociągów i Kanalizacji w m.st. Warszawie S.A.
- Duko Engineering sp. z o.o. for the renovation of the elevated tank in Słupca using the spraying method, polyureas technology. The soil preparation included sanding with a special abrasive and applying the MasterSeal foundation.
Investor: Słupca’s municipal water and sewage company (Miejski Zakład Wodociągów i Kanalizacji w Słupcy)
- Terlan sp. z o. o. for trenchless renovation of the 2,1-kilometers long water and sewage network, a well and connections in the area of Kolejowa Street in Poznań. Project was executed using several renovation technologies, including CIPP liners cured with water or UV, construction chemistry and spraying with polyureas.
Investor: Aquanet S.A.
- Terlan sp. z o. o. (leader) and BLEJKAN S.A. consortium for the renovation of the water and sewage network in Poznań: 1,89-kilometers long collector, diameters ranging from 1000/1720 do 3200/2600, using relining with short GRP modules technology and the 18,78-kilometers long sanitary network, using CIPP UV and CIPP (felt liners cured with hot water). The renovation included also 485 wells using the centrifugal spraying method.
Investor: Aquanet S.A.
SMALL TRENCHLESS PROJECT
- Aquaren sp. z o.o. sp.k. – for the comprehensive modernisation of a stormwater collector (2100 x 2500 mm) under the main railway station in Gliwice. Execution of this task, divided into several phases, included an injection of the resin mix through the holes in the pipe, done in order to fill the soil cavities around the pipe.
Investor: City of Gliwice
- HOSTER sp. z o.o. for HDD crossing executed as a part of Dargosław 1 well management project. A steel pipeline DN80, 410-meters long, was installed. Drilling was executed under the woodland, a river, railway area and a road. The curve had the radius of 200 meters, and the change of the angles measured 61 degrees. The geological conditions were difficult and the terrain layout prevented the drilling rig reaching the starting point, in the course of the works the contractor changed the side of the drilling.
Investor: Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. Oddział w Zielonej Górze
- Przedsiębiorstwo Produkcyjno Handlowo Usługowe AKWA J. Biskup, S. Owczarek s.j. for renovating 54-meters long stormwater collector, diameter DN1300/DA1800 in Zabrze. The works were conducted using CIPP UV technology and an atypical throat-profiled fiberglass liner.
Investor: Miejski Zarząd Dróg i Infrastruktury Informatycznej w Zabrzu
- Terlan sp. z o.o. for renovating 45-meters long water main under the underground crossing near Czech osiedle, diameter DN500, using polyurea spraying. The pipeline was made partly of steel, partly of cast iron and had many refractions. During the works, four refractions were passed on a one span.
Investor: Aquanet S.A.
EUROPEAN TRENCHLESS TECHNOLOGY PROJECT
- HDI (Horizontal Drilling International) for crossing the Greek Axios River using the HDD technology. The project was executed as a part of TAP gas pipeline construction. During the installation of the pipeline of a 48” diameter it was necessary to perform a crossing that was 1,82-kilometer long and of a 62” diameter; there was also a need for a multi-stage reaming. It’s a record-breaking project in the category of steel pipelines DN1200.
- Insituform Technologies for performing a CIPP renovation of a 3,15-kilometer long pipeline, including 1-kilometer long pressure water line and a 2-kilometer long part of sewerage network in Cordoba, Spain. For the first time in Europe, a pressure water line was renovated using InsituMain CIPP liner.
- LMR Drilling GmbH for the record-breaking HDD installation of a potable water line, executed under the Marsdiep in the Netherlands. The depth of the drilling was 85 meters – approximately 60 meters under the seabed on average. Drilling works were performed simultaneously on both sides of a 4,6 kilometres long section. For joining two pilot holes there was used the Intersect method.
- PPI CHROBOK S.A. for performing two Direct Pipe crossings (48”) as a part of TAP gas pipeline construction in Greece. 598-meters long drilling, executed in the hard-to-drill rock, was the first in Europe Direct Pipe crossing executed in one section of such a length. Second installation – 655 meters long – is a first documented case of installing such a long pipeline in gravel formations.
Investor: Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG
PRODUCT OF THE YEAR
- Aquaren Panel System – an innovative solution for water and sewerage facility renovation that provide a comprehensive protection for expansion wells, pumping stations and conduits exposed to the aggressive environmental conditions. Their parameters concerning durability, tightness, homogeneity of the structure and chemical resistance are very satisfying. The product guarantees the chemical resistance within the full range 1-12 PH. This technology can be used for concrete or mortared underground objects without any limit to the shape or size (Aquaren sp. z o.o. sp.k.).
- MudVis System – MudVis is an automated mud viscosity and specific gravity measuring and logging system. It samples the stock or mixing tank bentonite at regular preset intervals. The viscosity and specific gravity values are logged in the processing unit, displayed on the screen and on the Wi-Fi enabled devices. It complements the mud mixing systems by providing real time viscosity values during mud mixing and helping to acquire proper mud quality (Prime Horizontal).
- PRIME LUBE – an innovative drilling fluids’ systems component. A mix of non-ionic chemical compounds, used for every kind of drilling fluids based on water, dedicated to HDD, microtunneling and other pipeline construction methods. It effectively reduces friction and torque, raises the progress and the effectiveness of the drilling (HEADS sp. z o.o.).
- CC-GRP Top Performance pipe – high performance pipes with ultrasmooth internal surface with high chemical resistance, high abrasion class, high resistance to harmful environmental factors and good compressive strength, min. 90 MPa. They have a wide range of applications, among others in water and sewage industry (Amiblu Poland).
- Direxional Universal Ve TT PE pipes – with an external TT layer. From the inside they are covered with a cement mortar liner and on the outside they are protected with a layer of zinc and polyethylene. The external layer prevents the damages that could occur during the installation. Socket connections are the guarantee that the pipeline will be tight and pliable and protected from the disconnection (Saint-Gobain PAM).
- Normag’s Mix & Reclaim combo – self-elevating separation module is shipped inside the container. Minimizes the amount of time spent on mobilization and demobilization of the construction site. The package reclaimer function is based on the RAM Mega MAX shaker combined with wear-resistant, high chrome, circulation pumps and an adequate cyclone separation capacity. These features and its capacity perfectly match current requirements for pump capacities on modern mid-size rigs. (Normag b.v.; representative in Poland: Robert Osikowicz Engineering).
- Drilling tensometer T-X – it measures the stress imposed on a PE pipe during the HDD installation or relining which may cause permanent, yet difficult to observe damage. It is an innovative equipment thanks to the sensors that provide the measurements concerning stress and bentonite pressure. The equipment is used for the polyethylene pipes, energy cables, thermal pipes and others (Jumarpol sp. z o.o. sp.k.).