TYTAN 2019 Awards
The unique to the European scale prize TYTAN, granted by magazine “Inżynieria Bezwykopowa” [Trenchless Engineering] as well as by votes of the Jury, goes each year to specially distinguishing companies within the trenchless technology discipline, not only from Poland but from the whole Europe. This year the winners were announced on 13st June 2019 during the Gala Dinner in course of the 17th International Conference, Exhibition and Technology Shows Trenchless ENGINEERING 2019.
- Dr inż. Andrzej Kolonko – Wrocław University of Technology
- Mgr inż. Paweł Kośmider – „Trenchless Engineering” magazine
- Prof. dr hab. inż. Marian Kwietniewski – Warsaw University of Technology
- Prof. dr hab. inż. Cezary Madryas – Rector of Wrocław University of Technology
- Dr inż. Florian Piechurski – Silesian University of Technology
- Dr inż. Teresa Nowak – University of Zielona Góra
- Dr inż. Karol Ryż – AGH University of Science and Technology
- Dr hab. inż. Adam Wysokowski – University of Zielona Góra
- Dr inż. Dariusz Zwierzchowski – Higher Engineering School of Work Safety and Organization in Radom (WISBIOP)
Domestic companies win the prize since 2003, in the following categories: design of the year – new installation; design of the year – renovation; small trenchless design, product of the year; company of the year and companies from Europe can be the winners since 2004 in the category “European project within the trenchless technologies”. This especially important category for the European companies has been created in order to appreciate achievements of the companies, thus popularize the operations and development within the trenchless technology. It is an honour for us that this prize is also recognized outside Poland. This is manifested by the presence at the annual prize awards of the representatives of nominated companies from abroad. It is worth to mention that the nominated projects are evaluated by the Jury consisting of independent, remarkable professionals representing technical universities as well as trade associations, which fact also speaks for uniqueness of this trophy. The prizes are awarded at the Gala during the annual International Conference, Exhibition and Technology Shows Trenchless ENGINEERING.
Principles of the prize awarding
Each year, winners in individual categories are selected among the companies nominated to the prize by the magazine “Inżynieria Bezwykopowa” [Trenchless Engineering]. They are emerged by voting of the Jury consisting of specialists from the best Polish universities and trade associations as well as of representation of the two-monthly magazine. The Jury has a point pool at the disposal: 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 that is distributed among five nominated companies in each category. Companies having the most points win.
TYTAN 2019 Awards winners
Design of the year – new installation
- Bor-Wiert sp. z o.o.for carrying out microtunnel works and installing a pipeline made of reinforced concrete pipes DN1600 (length – 215 m, depth – about 8 m) under the track of the Białystok–Bartoszyce railway line, two tracks of the Zielonka–Kuźnica Białostocka line and the Czeremcha–Białystok line. (31 pkt.)
Investor: Bialystok City Hall.
- PPI CHROBOK S.A.for performing the Oława River crossing – over 500 m – in Direct Pipe technology as part of the construction of the Zdzieszowice-Wrocław DN1000 gas pipeline. The highest average drilling performance in clay and clay formations was 67 m/24 h. The average force recorded on the pushing device is 50 tons. (41 pkt.)
Investor: Gas Transmission Operator Gaz-System S.A.
- ZRB Janicki for the HDD crossing of the Odra River in Ratowice (length – 1180 meters) in the course of installation of DN1000 gas Zdzieszowice–Wrocław. The maximum depth at which the drilling was carried out was 37 m. The installation time of the pipeline was 11 hours, and the final strength achieved during the installation process is 900 kN. (63 pkt.)
Investor: Gas Transmission Operator Gaz-System S.A.
Design of the year – renovation
- BLEJKAN S.A. and P.P.H.U. AKWA J. Biskup, S. Owczarek sp.j. JV for the CIPP renovation of the three siphon lines (one executed by BLEJKAN S.A., the others – by joint venture) under the Vistula River in Cracow. Total length of the installation – over 843 meters. DN1500 liner was cured with UV. (55 pkt.)
Investor: Kraków Waterworks
- INSTBUD Stanisław Boguta sp.j.zfor completing four investment tasks involving replacement of water supply network in static cracking technology at the length of approximately 12 350 m (cast-iron pipes DN100–250) with replacement of water connections in Warsaw and Pruszków with a total length of approximately 8000 m (cast-iron pipes DN80-150 per lengths of approximately 1650 m, PE pipes DN25-63 at a length of approximately 6350 m. (29 pkt.)
Investor: Municipal Water and Sewage Enterprise in the Capital City of Warsaw S.A.
- GSG Industria sp. z o.o. for the design and execution of trenchless work in the relining technology as a part of the reconstruction of the DN250 5329 m deposit fluid pipeline in the Dębno commune in the Myślbork county in the West Pomeranian province. (51 pkt.)
Investor: Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A. Oddział w Zielonej Górze.
Small trenchless design
- P.H.U. AKWA J. Biskup, S. Owczarek sp.j. for the modernization of secondary settling tanks in the Panewniki sewage treatment plant in Katowice with the use of CIPP technology. Fiberglass reinforced sleeve (diameters from DN200 to DN800) hardened with UV rays was installed. The high degree of difficulty of implementation resulted from the unusual course of pipelines, which included arches and height differences. (53 pkt.)
Investor: Katowicka Infrastruktura Wodociągowo-Kanalizacyjna sp. z o.o.
- Przewiert Technologie Bezwykopowe sp. z o.o. sp.k.for the HDD crossing and DN500 pipeline installation (length – 302 m) in the city of Kossowa. The work was carried out as a part of the task involving the renovation of the Zelczyn-Oświęcim gas pipeline in Małopolska.a wykonanie przewiertu HDD w celu instalacji rurociągu DN500 o długości 302 m i przekroczenia osuwiska w m. Kossowa. Prace zrealizowano w ramach zadania obejmującego remontu gazociągu relacji Zelczyna–Oświęcim w Małopolsce. (41 pkt.)
Investor: Gas Transmission Operator Gaz-System S.A.
- Terlan sp. z o.o.for cast iron and steel DN500 pipeline renovation, under the four-lane street in Poznań. Total length: over 67 meters. In the case of a pipeline, the centrifugal spray method was used, and construction chemistry was used to renovate the water supply chamber. (41 pkt.)
Investor: Aquanet SA
European project within the trenchless technologies
- Aarsleff for the CIPP renovation of several hundred meters of sewer pipes with large diameters, lying directly under the railway tracks at a depth of 5-6 meters in Odense, Denmark. The largest single installation in one section included a “kite” shaped pipe with a cross-section of 1500 mm and a length of 370 meters. (53 pkt.)
- Anese S.r.l.for the implementation in HDD technology of three installations of high-pressure gas pipelines with an external diameter of 1066 mm and associated with them parallel installation of conduits for teletechnical cables. Drilling subsequent sections of the 470, 650 and 680 m gas pipeline was carried out in the Cornegliano Laudense municipality located in the province of Lodi in Italy. (31 pkt.)
- Villy Polsen A/S No-Dig A.p.S. for the implementation of two complex projects using HDD technology in Copenhagen. The first was crossing the Royal Golf Course with an extension of 800 m. The second part of the task included crossing the sea bay at a distance of 1000 m. The project included the installation of four polyethylene pipes in each of the holes as protective pipelines for power cables. (51 pkt.)
Product of the year
- E-Power Pipe –an innovative technology for the deployment of long-distance crossings and installation of plastic pipelines with diameters ranging from 300 to 700 mm for power lines. It has been developed for crossing obstacles in the distance up to 1500 m at a depth of 1,5 to 3 meters (Herrenknecht AG). (45 pkt.)
- Innovative drilling mud separation system that allows you to control its parameters at the highest level and to reduce the amount of waste generated in the drilling process. The system consists of a set of three vibrating sieves, two decanter centrifuges and a flocculation station (PPI CHROBOK S.A. and HEADS sp. z o.o.). (26 pkt.)
- Comprehensive technical advice and field service in the field of drilling techniques Robert Osikowicz Engineering (ROE) – the company supported its clients in Poland during the deployment of 17 HDD crossings exceeding 1 km in length, 10 crossings for the installation of steel pipes in the DN1000 standard, 12 crossings for the installation of steel pipes in the DN700 standard and the longest drive drilled in a solid rock (35 pkt.)
- Non-styrene polyester liner allowing the renovation of pipelines without exposing residents and users to the emission of harmful, flammable and annoying styrene. The liner is chemically resistant and meets the strength criteria needed for renovation (POliner sp. z o.o.). (38 pkt.)
- MAXIprotect PP / PE pipes produced in the widest range of diameters in Poland (from 25 to 630 mm) – these are pipes with increased strength parameters, made of PEHD RC material, resistant to slow propagation of cracks in which the layered pipe is surrounded by a jacket from mineral PP or PE with the possibility of placing detection tapes under the PP / PE jacket (RADPOL SA). (37 pkt.)
- Grundodrill New Generation drilling rig, characterized by technological innovation in the form of an electronic control panel, which allows remote control without the need for operator’s presence in the machine. The second aspect is the continuous rotation of the rods in the warehouse during drilling (Tracto-Technik, representative in Poland: DTA-Technik sp. z o.o.). (28 pkt.)
- A set of instruments for renovation of small-diametered pipelines (up to DN300) in CIPP UV technology, including: a vacuum pump, calibration rolls, an inversion drum, sleeve inversion nozzles, extension joints, Y connectors, a leak test kit. These instruments can cooperate with all sets for UV curing (Gamm-Bud sp. z o.o.). (43 pkt.)
Additionally, special Tytan prize was awarded to Polish Association of Sanitary Engineers and Technicians (PZITS) on the occasion of their centenary and for their considerable contribution to the growth of trenchless industry.